|31181x||Busted||Joseph R.||12 days|
|26400x||Enchanted Gems||Helen D.||27 days|
|21525x||Slot 21||Margaret M.||18 days|
|20720x||Ice Crystals||Eric J.||7 days|
|19903x||Leprechaun Luck||Garen M.||26 days|
|19636x||Ice Crystals||Roger S.||6 days|
|14860x||Ice Crystals||Kris C.||1 day|
|14232x||Leprechaun Luck||Dinesh M.||1 day|
Ten Interesting Facts to Know About Slot GamesPosted on August 1, 2013
Playing online slot games is an excellent way to relax and have some fun without having to leave the comfort of the living room. Many people enjoy the convenience of playing the game without worrying about changing out of their pajamas. Slots are definitely one of the more popular games available on online casinos as they are easy to learn, do not require much concentration, and the players know if they won nearly instantaneously. As people become involved in these games, however, they may enjoy learning a bit about the game for their own amusement and to impress their friends. Here are ten interesting facts about slots:
- Las Vegas is the most densely populated with slot machine games, with an estimated machine for every eight people living in the city.
- In 1973 a man won just over $65,000 on a slot machine and held the record for the biggest payout until 2001, when a player won $1 million.
- The percentage payout is not affected by the time of day, day of the week, or number of players.
- The machine continually calculates random number codes regardless of if it is being used. This ensures that the results are always random, even in online slot games. There is no such thing as a machine being 'due' for a payout.
- There are two types of jackpots. The progressive jackpot will continue to grow with a percentage of the bet placed by each player until someone is able to win it. The flat top jackpot has a maximum it can payout.
- The slang term 'one armed bandit' was actually originally used to describe the shady characters who had learned to manipulate the early versions of the slot machine to steal some money. Over time the expression came to be used for the slot machines themselves.
- The outcome of a spin is not affected by whether the play hit the 'spin' button or pulled the actual lever themselves.
- The largest slot machine was known as 'Big Bertha' and was two and a half meters high. It was so big that people could not pull the actual lever and it had to be powered by a five horsepower engine. The odds of winning on the big machine were incredibly low, estimated at one in 25.6 billion, because the machine had eight reels and twenty symbols.
- The first slot machine was invented in 1895 by a car mechanic known as Charles Fey. The payout was fifty cents.
- Whether playing online slot games or in person, there is nothing the player can do to affect the final results of a spin.
Playing slot games is a fun way to pass the time and even win some extra real money online. Learning a bit about the history and the facts of the game can help people feel more at ease and confident when playing. Use the facts above to impress other slot game players and come on down to Win A Day to try your luck!
- Play enticing online slots
- No downloading needed
- Top rated proprietary software
- Fun slot tournaments and bonuses
- $500 Welcome bonus on your first 5 deposits
- $250 Game of the Month prize
- $50 Cashback bonus
- Winners Every day
- and more...